Advanced breast reduction is a custom-designed procedure offered by renowned surgeon-to-the-stars Dr Riccardo Frati. If you experience discomfort or pain due to your breasts’ excessive weight, or if you are unhappy with their size or shape, a personally-tailored treatment plan developed for your specific requirements may be just the solution.
Breast reduction surgery is a highly effective procedure that removes excess breast tissue, fat, and skin to achieve a more proportionate and aesthetically pleasing breast size. This procedure not only improves the physical symptoms associated with large breasts such as back, neck, and shoulder pain, but it also enhances self-confidence and body image.
At Harley Surgery, we specialise in customised breast reduction surgeries that not only reduce breast volume but also enhance the overall appearance of your breasts. Dr Frati’s meticulous surgical techniques and attention to detail have earned him a reputation for delivering outstanding results.
Achieve your ideal breast size and shape at the U.K.’s premier cosmetic surgery centre. Call (020) 36332619 or fill out a form to schedule a consultation at our London, Highgate, Manchester, or Birmingham location.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 Breast Anatomy
- 3 Customised Breast Reduction Surgery
- 4 Why Choose an Advanced Breast Reduction Procedure?
- 5 Personal Consultation
- 6 Candidates
- 7 A Different Approach to Breast Reduction
- 8 Implant Placement After Breast Reduction
- 9 What Will Scarring Be Like After Advanced Breast Reduction Surgery?
- 10 Cost of Advanced Breast Reduction Surgery in London
- 11 References
Before and After Photos
The breast is a complex and intricate structure, consisting of various components that contribute to its shape, function, and overall appearance. It primarily consists of different types of tissue, including adipose tissue (fat), glandular tissue, and connective tissue. Adipose tissue provides volume and softness to the breasts, while glandular tissue is responsible for milk production during lactation.
- Upper Pole – The upper pole of the breast refers to the portion of the breast that extends from the nipple towards the collarbone. This area is often associated with fullness and projection.
- Lower Pole – The lower pole of the breast extends from the nipple downwards and is typically associated with the natural curve of the breast.
- Nipple-Areolar Complex – At the centre of the breast lies the nipple-areolar complex, which includes the nipple and the surrounding pigmented area known as the areola.
Excessively Large Breasts
Scientists estimate that between 1-5% of women have excessively large breasts. (1) Macromastia, also known as oversized breasts or breast hypertrophy, is a condition characterised by the excessive growth of the mammary glands and adipose tissue in the breasts. It is more than just having large breasts; it involves abnormal breast growth that can cause physical discomfort, emotional distress, and interfere with daily activities.
Surgical intervention for excessively large breasts aims to remove excess adipose tissue and glandular tissue from the breasts while reshaping and lifting them to achieve a more desirable size and shape.
Customised Breast Reduction Surgery
Research shows patient satisfaction rates over 95% for breast reduction. (2) At Harley Surgery, under the expert guidance of Dr Frati, we offer advanced breast reduction procedures designed to address your unique needs and aesthetic concerns.
If a patient desires, our breast reduction surgery goes beyond traditional techniques by incorporating the use of implants to create a more balanced and proportionate bustline. Dr Frati’s innovative surgical techniques achieve not only a reduction in breast size but also an improvement in cleavage and contour.
Are you interested in finding out more about cosmetic surgery? Read the Harley Surgery blog for more details.
Why Choose an Advanced Breast Reduction Procedure?
One of the primary benefits of our advanced breast reduction procedure is the significant improvement in self-esteem that our patients often experience. Many individuals with overly large breasts struggle with feelings of self-consciousness and discomfort in their daily lives. By reducing the size and reshaping the breasts, we help our patients achieve a more proportionate and balanced figure, leading to increased confidence and a positive self-image.
Relief from Pain
Chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain are common issues faced by individuals with excessively large breasts. Dr Frati’s advanced breast reduction technique not only reduces the weight and strain on these areas, but it also improves physical mobility and flexibility. Patients often find relief from the constant discomfort and enjoy newfound freedom of movement.
Resolved Skin Problems
Skin irritation, digging bra straps, and rashes beneath the breasts can be an ongoing problem for individuals with large breasts. Our advanced breast reduction procedure effectively eliminates this issue by removing excess breast tissue and creating a more comfortable environment. Patients no longer have to deal with the discomfort and embarrassment associated with these conditions.
Ease of Movement
Participating in physical activities can be challenging for those with disproportionately large breasts. Our advanced breast reduction procedure allows patients to engage in sports and exercise with greater ease and comfort. With reduced breast size, patients can fully enjoy an active lifestyle without limitations or discomfort.
Improved body alignment is an additional benefit of advanced breast reduction surgery. The removal of excess breast tissue helps to alleviate the strain on the spine and encourages proper posture. Patients often notice a marked improvement in this regard, contributing to a more confident and poised appearance.
Choice in Clothing
Enhanced clothing options and improved fit are important considerations for individuals seeking breast reduction. With smaller, more proportionate breasts, patients have a wider range of clothing choices and find that their clothes fit better, creating a more flattering silhouette.
Dr Frati takes a personalised approach to breast reduction, carefully considering your unique goals and anatomy. During your consultation, he will discuss various techniques, including the use of breast implants, to achieve the desired outcome. He uses the most advanced assessment techniques to ensure you get results that best suit your desires and body type.
Candidates for an advanced breast reduction are individuals who desire an expert surgical approach to achieve their desired breast size and shape. Suitable candidates for this procedure may include individuals who experience physical discomfort or pain due to large breasts, have asymmetrical breasts, or desire a more proportionate and balanced figure.
Ideal candidates for advanced breast reduction are generally in good overall health, non-smokers, and have stable weight. They should also have a positive mindset and a clear understanding of the potential risks and benefits associated with the surgery.
A Different Approach to Breast Reduction
During the breast reduction procedure, Dr Frati meticulously removes excess breast tissue while preserving the integrity of the nipple and areola.
- Modified Lejour Incision – The modified Lejour incision technique involves making an incision around the areola and extending vertically downwards towards the breast crease. This allows for the removal of excess breast tissue and reshaping of the breast mound. The resulting scar is discreetly hidden within the natural contours of the breast.
- Lollipop Incision – In cases where a greater amount of reduction is required, the lollipop incision technique may be utilised. This involves an additional incision made vertically from the breast crease to the lower part of the breast. This allows for more extensive access to remove excess breast tissue and reshape the breasts. Although a longer scar is present, it is still skillfully placed to minimise visibility and can fade over time.
- Free Nipple Graft – In cases where the desired breast size reduction requires significant tissue removal, nipple grafts may be necessary to ensure optimal results. These grafts involve repositioning the nipples to a higher, more aesthetically pleasing position on the newly shaped breasts. The free nipple graft not only reduces breast volume but also provides good projection. (4) This ensures that the final result is harmonious and natural-looking. Dr Frati uses this technique most frequently for patients with excessively large, or ptotic (sagging) breasts.
Implant Placement After Breast Reduction
Implant placement after breast reduction, also known as structured mammaplasty, can improve shape and projection after excess tissue is removed, particularly for patients who want more volume in the upper pole of the breast. (3) With meticulous attention to detail, Dr Frati carefully selects the appropriate implant size and shape to complement your body proportions, placing the implants subglandularly to create a natural-looking result. Whether you prefer a modest reduction or a more dramatic transformation, we will work closely with you to understand your goals and ensure they are achieved.
After many years of experience performing breast reduction, Dr Frati ensures that every patient gets the precise size and shape that they desire using the Allergan range of implants.
What Will Scarring Be Like After Advanced Breast Reduction Surgery?
Dr Frati works diligently to minimise scarring in every breast reduction surgery. Patients will have an anchor-shaped scar most of the time, but this is dependent on the amount of excess tissue in the lower breast pole. Dr Frati will discuss these individualised aspects of your procedure at your personal consultation.
Find out more about cosmetic surgery Safety & Aftercare on our website.
Cost of Advanced Breast Reduction Surgery in London
The cost of advanced breast reduction surgery at Harley Surgery will vary based on several factors specific to each patient’s individual treatment plan. Our esteemed cosmetic surgeon, Dr Frati, utilises a customised approach to provide the most effective results for each patient. For more information about the advanced breast reduction procedure, please call (020) 36332619 to take the first step towards achieving your desired breast contour.
- Jud SM, Brendle-Behnisch A, Hack CC, et al. Macromastia: an economic burden? A disease cost analysis based on real-world data in Germany. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 2020;303(2):521-531. doi:https://doi.org/10.1007/s00404-020-05841-7
- Gonzalez MA, Glickman LT, Aladegbami B, Simpson RL. Quality of life after breast reduction surgery: a 10-year retrospective analysis using the Breast Q questionnaire: does breast size matter? Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2012;69(4):361-363. doi:https://doi.org/10.1097/SAP.0b013e31824a218a
- Swanson E. Breast Reduction versus Breast Reduction Plus Implants. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Global Open. 2014;2(12):e281. doi:https://doi.org/10.1097/gox.0000000000000252
- Vazquez OA, Yerke Hansen P, Komberg J, Slutsky HL, Becker H. Free Nipple Graft Breast Reduction without a Vertical Incision. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open. 2022;10(3):e4167. doi:https://doi.org/10.1097/gox.0000000000004167